2014年8月4日星期一

My mini-class in Yale

As we round the final corner of this amazing journey in Yale, we are required to design and implement a 15- minute mini-class including two activities. When hearing the news, I was a little puzzled even scared, what shall I do? How can I give a lesson in the presence of so many colleagues and experts, Carrie and Siggy?  
The inspiration came from my anxiety when preparing for the mini-class. Why not choose the topic—feelings and emotions! It is generally acknowledged that everyone has his feelings and can be emotional; emotions affect the way we behave towards and relate to others. At first I planned to list several words describing feelings on different cards; and then invite one colleague to pick up a card randomly to explain the word to others by only using facial expressions or body languages. When that word was guessed successfully, another guy would try to accomplish this task again. This would be fun, but I was worried that I can’t control the time and there may not be adequate time for the second activity, so I gave up this plan. Instead, they were required to use a complete sentence to describe their feeling and what or why makes them feel so. The second activity is the group discussion. Effective and healthy methods are needed to release the negative feelings such as anger, pressure or frustration.

Thanks for the perfect cooperation of my colleagues, the whole teaching procedures went on smoothly out of my expectation. I really hope all my friends and instructors get rid of negative feelings, think positively and enjoy the life. 

3 条评论:

  1. And it was a wonderful class, Christina...you seemed to enjoy yourself as much as your students did!

    回复删除
  2. Thank you for your appreciation!

    回复删除