2014年7月28日星期一

A good book sale

Carrie informed us that there would be a trip to the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale in Southport, CT, which is considered the best book sale in New England, and offers high quality books at reasonable prices. As a result, everyone is waiting for it, Summer and Amanda even changed their schedule to New York for the book sale on July 27.
books in white tent

When we arrived at the Pequot Library, it’s approximately 1:30pm. Since there are only 2 hours left to explore, I gave up the idea to observe the fabulous villas of those wealthy Americans. The Summer Book Sale composed of two parts, inside the library and in a large spacious tent outside. Carrie told me classic and literature works were sold inside, so I went directly to the tent because I was in search of books about teaching methodology. It does not exaggerate to say there are mountains of books and CDs, DVDs, even some old-fashioned gramophone records, which are piled according to different subject categories. 
mountains of books
people are busy in selecting books
Compared with its original price, the used books were pretty cheaper. Frankly speaking, the time is only enough for me to find needed books in two categories, one is education, and another is books for children. At last I bought 6 books with only $6dollars. How amazing it is! I hope to buy more, but the books are too heavy and we plan to go west and have a trip. I’m afraid that there are no spaces for more books in my luggages.
books I bought


Why there is no such book sale in China? It’s a great pity.   

2 条评论:

  1. Perhaps you could begin them by organizing the first one at your university? All those books were donated by people who had finished with them.

    回复删除