2014年7月13日星期日

an interesting study break at Mory's

warm glow of light from Mory's 
    On July 10, my colleagues and I went to a study break at Mory's, which is at 306 York Street. To tell the truth, it’s the very first time to join a study break. Mory’s is a kind of restaurants, where fruit and cheese and crackers and other snacks were provided.
    When we first got there, a pretty waitress showed us around it and told us its history and tradition. A closet with a variety of huge cups drew my attention immediately. I first considered those cups were associated with sports champions Yale won; however, I was completely wrong. Those are cups used for drinking juice and champagne. Oh, my God! Are there some giants in Yale? 
a wide variety of cups
    When I was totally absorbed in weird imagination, the beautiful music and fair-sounding semi chorus drew me back to reality. A group of people, 4 boys and 4 girls, to be exact, were singing its traditional “Cup Song”. A huge cup filled with champagne was delivered among Yale students one by one while the beautiful song was going on. When one got the cup, he or she must turn it around and then sip the champagne. What an interesting tradition, which brings young people together and spread happiness and friendship among them. Although I do not own such a young face without lines and wrinkles, I still enjoyed myself. I love Yale! 
singing group 



a girl was drinking champagne

没有评论:

发表评论