2014年7月15日星期二

A trip to Thimble Islands

On July 11, our colleagues and I had a wonderful trip to Thimble Islands. A yellow school bus was waiting for us in front of the Payne whitney Gym at 1:50pm. It was a 40 minutes ride to the destination. Since this is the perfect time for us to take a nap, I almost fell asleep on the bus. When I got off, the gorgeous scenery immediately attracted my attention, blue sky, changeable white clouds, kids on the beautiful sand beach, especially the rowing people. In my opinion, this kind of boat racing needs a lot of practice, but Carrie told me one just need enough strength to steer and row the boat. How I wish one day I could accomplish the task by myself! 
strong rowing men 



After taking some photos we boarded a ship and began a cruise. The captain is a nice and humorous guider, who informed us of the history and some interesting stories about the island. But please forgive us, poor captain! I felt a little guilty for not listening to you attentively because we were so attracted by the beautiful view that kept on taking photos. The cruise lasted about 40 minutes. The bus took us back to New Haven and it was pleasant to have a relaxing Friday afternoon for the second week in Yale.    


a couple enjoying the sunshine 

smiling and energetic teachers







  

没有评论:

发表评论