2014年7月25日星期五

A month in America

Time is fleeting! It has been more than a month since I came to USA. Reflecting upon the various persons and affairs I encountered, I find it really hard to express my feeling in words. Amazement, excitement, enjoyment, warmth, sorrow or nostalgia? 
I am excited for it’s the very first time for me to go abroad, especially to America, the most developed country in the world. Amazement comes from the beautiful natural scenery: blue sky, fleecy white clouds, wide green grasslands, clean sand  beach and fresh air without pollution. 

Washington Memorial 
beautiful rainbow at Niagara Fall

I enjoy the moment of class observation; the teaching inspiration from these dedicated and energetic instructors, particularly from Siggy and Carrie; the funny time during discussion and debate. 
Dr. Kirk Hughes
I feel warm and moved by enormous tiny matters and those nice and considerate people I came across in Yale—cab drivers, policemen, drivers of bus shuttle, the elder couple in the church… 
Sorrow or unhappiness overwhelmed me when I was in New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. It reminds me of the dark time in Chinese history when so many precious and rare culture relics were robbed and shipped to other countries. 
Chinese culture relics in New York Metropolitan Museum of Art
Nostalgia influences me from time to time because I miss my family members, my parents, my elder sister, especially my beloved husband and daughter. I haven’t been away from my husband and daughter for such a long time. What is their daily life? How does my daughter deal with the personal and learning problems without my companion and help? Now it’s so hot in Changsha whereas I enjoy the cool weather in New Haven. Are they suffering from the terribly high temperature? Can they sleep well and have a good appetite? Consequently, I am in a dilemma. On the one hand, I wish that I would stay a longer time in Yale, to learn more and experience more; on the other hand, I hope to go home immediately and enjoy the happy family time. Is there any miraculous power that can separate me in half? I wonder. However, life is filled with pleasure and regret. You can’t have your cake and eat it, which is a universal puzzle that even the philosopher can’t solve. How could I?   
my husband and daughter
   

没有评论:

发表评论